Monday, July 26, 2010
I have been away from action for sometime now and just wanted to put a quick post that this is just a comma in my sentence of "blogging". Personal priorities have kept me away from blogging but I should be back soon in action.
During this time my angel, Rida has become more beautiful, more naughty and has added load full of new activities to her existing list. I am capturing the moments and soon they should be on the blog.
Mama Hen, thanks for stopping by and checking on me. Amy thanks for using the theme, I may not be able to participate in this color splash :( (though wanted to ) but will be soon back in business :) ...thanks
For all others, don't lose the faith, I shall be back amongst you and catch up on all the lovely blogs posted by all . Keep checking :)
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
It came from my friend and a wonderful mom, Mama Hen! Now I am really smiling to glory! Thank you Mama Hen for your sweet gesture, I am touched!
As if that didn't bust the stress of my week long activites I had yet another sweet surprise waiting for me! "Outstanding Blogger Award"!
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Wow it's that time of the week! I love color splash and as I mentioned earlier, the best part about color splash is it's end result! I was excited about the picture I was working on and boy! do I love it! I adore it! Thank you Amy for your great idea about CSS! Here is my choice!
I love wearing scarves and I highly rate the color purple and lavender and the shades around them! So the choice of my CSS theme this week was easy, SCARF. Rida was around 6 months old when I took this picture from my blackberry.(The comparative clarity of my phone sometimes surprises me...maybe its because of the daylight! ) Nay! It's my baby's radiance! I know am getting carried away....:)
Saturday, June 5, 2010
("Bloggy moms not-so-bloggy moms, we ALL know what "it" is - raising children! We love to make ourselves and our near ones, credit the fact that having children is the most beautiful thing in the whole wild world! Not a day goes when I don't remember the out of the world happiness of holding my bundle of joy for the first time on 27th Feb 2009 at 3:38 pm! The pain was gone as if it never existed!
Motherhood is a such a beautiful gift from our Lord that honors our love for our spouses, recognizes our patience and courage as well as enriches us with wisdom.
This gift also brings with it the test -of -our -lives! The lessons that we impart to our children that will mould their future is the biggest challenge we (will) face. In this process we get even more closer to our mom and grandmom! I do now, after becoming a mum, truly and completey appreciate the qualities, the grace, the dignity, the courage and the selflessness in the nature of these two women in my life!
Also all the friends that I have made before and over here have in their own beautiful ways made this whole on-going experience merry and truly entertaining. I know I'm not the only one who spend sleepless nights, take a siesta and thank God for it, who is on her toes running behind half pints during the day, who cleans the house only to clean it again after half an hour who's meals are often interved with smelly diapers or a sleepy pair of eyes! Yet, yet we make so many people believe it's a cake-walk! :-)
Our love and efforts will truly pay off when we we grow older and see that our little babies who use to walk holding our fingers firmly grow up to love us unconditionally!
But for now mommys sit back and relax, its time to pamper yourselves and smile to glory by accepting these awards!! The mommy and Neel both great bloggers and even greater mothers think I'm trendy and versatile respectively! Thank you!!! You both are so kind!
I extend these awards to my ssssweet friends Jeremi, Mama Hen, R Montalaban, Sarah, ArizonaMamma and Sami. Each one of you are very unique, trendy and versatile in your styles of blogging! Off recently I couldn't steal time to follow you ( I have been travelling, measuring certainity- will ramble about it soon:). So I apologize. This will not stop me from congratulating you and giving you this honor! *hugs to you all*
-To receive the 'Trendy blog award promise to share it with 10 other bloggers who you think are trendy too
-Post about your award on your blog
-List your top 5 trendy blogs
-share with them
-Leave a ling to 'Trendy blog' button
-Ask them to give this award out to 10 as well!
wow! Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Woah! look the ball is here, ah lemme fetch it for you!
But hey, I'm happy too!! How else would I have come across these pictures if I did not into my collection to see if I have some "happy" little feet waiting to be picked! :)I'm linking this post to iheartfaces and this week's theme is Feet.
Rayd and Nael are my twin nephews and are very special to me. Rida is only 3 months younger than them. We visited them when they were in India almost ten months ago. What a sweet riot it was at home! Our house looked like a nursery with cute cute things all around!
"2 & 4 Little Feet!"
Rida flanked by her brother's Ryad and Nael on either side. The "10 and 20 little toes" as I love to call , flapped and flapped and brought much happiness in our lives! That's my daughter, the go-getter! Crawls, stands,tip-toes then grabs!
Sunday, May 30, 2010
My husband's love for sports has no perimeter. He enjoys T-20 Cricket match just as much as he loves watching the Grand Prix. That's HIM in the picture routing for Michael Schumacher and the Ferrari Team at the US Grand Prix at Indianapolis. This picture dates back to 2005, the year I got engaged to him! It was also the year in which an Indian Driver Narain Karthikeyen made his debut in F1! So that's the Indian flag painted on his face, to support and cheer his country and the country man! :)
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
These pictures are two months old when Rida had turned almost a year old! She is turning out to be a very expressive girl and quite specific in her needs. If I serve her cookies she will ask for "Chee" (cheese), if that's what she wants! The past one year has gone by in reading her expressions and learning her language. Every child is unique and as a mother the sooner you know about your sweethearts various behaviour/demand/needs/patterns, the better it is to raise them! Right?
Happy Parenting! :)
Monday, May 10, 2010
Hahaha! That's when I called out to her! I laughed bemused when she made this expression, expression that spoke a thousand words...did she say "sorry mum I didn't know you were there" or was it "Oooopsy I'm caught!" or possibly she is saying "Shhh please keep mum, mommy!"
...and here comes the offer, wrapped in a cute smile to divert me. Well thank you, I guess I will take this last one, wipe myself fresh, sit back and relax! There is always time for arranging things, but growing-up has its own sweet phase and I will let my angel live it to the fullest!
So that's the end of Wipes, pack number..... forget it! :)
Friday, May 7, 2010
Caught her toying with it and pressing the play button... I know she got lucky but she was verrrry pleased!!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. List who gave the award to you and use a link to her blog.
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass the award on to other bloggers and visit their blog to let them know!
Things that make me Happy!(not in particular order)
1. My Daughter RIDA. Her smiles, her giggles, her bunny teeth her presence and all the things in her room-pink shoes, pink dresses, her toys.... :) everything that's her's:)
2. My husbands smiling face when he return from work in the evening.
3. My house when its clean and tidy, especially my kitchen and bathroom.
4. Monsoon- the fragrance of the mud.
5. Surprise gifts.
6. I love to hear stories about my childhood- my dad has many to narrate. It truly makes me happy and proud to be dad's girl:)
7. My mom's pamperings and my sister's attention! I get it all refined everytime I visit them. Rida gets her share too:)
8. My in-laws, when they are happy. Their happiness brings happiness to me:)
9. Meeting my neices and nephews, listening to their innocent and sweet talks and getting so much love and respect back brings smiles miles and miles.
10. Travelling places. I never wish to spend weekends at homes and love it when my brother plans an outing.
While making this blog that has Rida, my sweet sweet daughter all over it, I visited blogs of other mothers, passionate ones, loving ones and very friendly too. All their blogs make a good read and the stories around motherhood are just amazing! I am definitely trying to steal more time out so I can visit, comment, follow and make blogger friends.
Here are my 5 blogs that bring me joy! (These will soon be updated to 10 once I get more time to my blogging. Currently my daugther and my hubby take most of the time :). Am not complaining !!!)
1. Being Zara and Zidan,Mom Neels blog:) I know Zara and I know Zidan. I stayed with them for a month and watching them grow with every new blog is such a pleasure. Bhabhi is a passionate mother and yes we started blogging together! Those 28 days of staying together are the most memorable ones. We painted, we blogged, we travelled. If you have time then do visit and see for yourself! at http://weindubai.blogspot.com/
2. Twenty Little Toes, Mom Arhama's blog. I love the title "Twenty little toes" yes she is a mother of two cute cute naughty boys-Ryad and Nael, also my darling nephews! Can't wait to hear them call me aunt! Her blog is what got me started with mine! She is very inspirational and dynamic!
3. Hubby's blog He writes his mind and is very spontaneous. I would love to say that he is a thoughtful writer but whats more cool about his blog is that it has informative and some very thought-provoking topics. The funny thing is that our discussion that follows after his write-up is usually lenghthier than his post! :)
4. Oh! That's Why! I always like the titles of her post-they are so captivating and unique. My sweetest sister Sadia (yes our whole family is into blogging! :) is currently teaching and running a school in a small town in India. Her narratives, her experience is worth reading!
5. Sailor&Co This is one of the most happening blogs which I visited recently! I got linked to it through Arry's and participated in her Raw(e) Red carnival which was fun and it was sure nice to receive comments from fellow bloggers. It has some amazing pictures. One of the blogs which I started following ever since.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
On my sister's blog I saw the mention of Raw(e) Red linking carnival. I got inquisitive and went to the hosting link i.e. Sailor & Co to understand how to participate. After looking at all the amazing entries I decided to link with this post.
The rules are very simple. Take a photograph and post it unedited in the category of the week(Red for this week).